The global data privacy software market is projected to grow from $2.36 billion in 2022 to $25.85 billion by 2029.
So, if you are searching for an innovative career, then the cybersecurity industry might just be the one for you. Protegrity, an international provider of data protection solutions, is looking for new team members who want to make an impact in a company that prioritizes something we all care about: our privacy.
We need people who recognize the opportunity, can plan effectively, take action and execute in the enterprise marketplace with our intuitive, diverse, and future-forward global teams.
So, are you up for collaborating with the best in data security?
Join us on this journey and make an impact with one of the top 25 global software providers. We look forward to making our world become a better place with you on our team.
Apply and discover what's next today!
Protegrity is seeking a passionate and talented Software Engineer to join our team. This position is a remote role.
Data Privacy is important to all of us. At Protegrity our products make this possible in rest, in motion and in view for some of the largest companies in the world. Protegrity puts our customers in the best possible position to choose how they want to protect their data and make it private. Thanks to the centralized management and transparency of our platform- a "single pane of glass"- teams can see where the data resides and what its purpose is. Unlike other data protection options, the Protegrity data Protection Platform clarifies the state of data so organizations can choose how to protect it and keep it private using the full range of methods from basic monitoring and dynamic data masking to highly secure vaultless tokenization.
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we are fully vested in helping clients protect their information. Whether encrypting, tokenizing, or applying privacy methods, our platform secures the data behind the many operational systems that drive the day-to-day functions of business, as well as the analytical systems behind decision-making, personalized customer experiences, and AI modeling. All of this propels businesses forward by fueling innovation and giving clients a competitive advantage over less savvy competitors. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a global team with a product that the business marketplace MUST have in place in order to do business.
This job is for you if
As a software engineer with Protegrity's talented product development team you will contribute to cutting-edge research, development and feature design/implementation in a fast-paced Agile environment. This position is perfect for smart technical individuals who enjoy building technology, working in a team of talented engineers and being part of end-to-end product delivery life cycle.
To qualify, you should have 3-5 years of relevant experience in developing & integrating scalable solutions. You should be highly versatile with full stack application programming and software application design concepts and aware with the latest trends in technology.
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to
• Contribute to continuous development, enhancement and maintenance of existing and new products/features
• Contribute to appropriate software development methods, standards, tools to achieve well engineered outcome. Ability to work independently by applying development practices used by the team/organization including usage of design patterns, frameworks, programming/debugging environments, IDEs etc.
• Participating in Agile practices of the team/organization as an individual contributor and a team player.
• Adaptability to learn and enhance skills in the domain of data security alongside the product's technical environment (like OS, cloud technology, container orchestration, native programming language of the environment, hardware etc.)
• Ability to review work of peer engineers/juniors alongside being an individual contributor.
• Excellent collaboration abilities within and across teams for technical requirements and product module dependencies.
• Ability to be a good team player and soft skilled person.
In addition to the qualifications a successful candidate will demonstrate
• 3+ years post-bachelor's degree experience as software engineer in developing & integrating big data and/or cloud solutions.
• Knowledge on modern scalable/elastic systems in cloud like Databricks/ HDInisghts/ Dataflow/ Cloudera Data Platform/Big Query/Synapse etc. Any or multiple is desirable.
• Knowledge of large-scale SQL engines like Hive, Presto, SparkSQL etc.
• Experience on any or multiple of programming languages like Java/Python/Go/C++
• Knowledge of Public Cloud technologies like AWS/GCP/Azure
• Understanding of containerized platforms like Kubernetes or Openshift
• Specifying, Designing, implementing and debugging high-performance Big Data and Cloud systems
• Experience on Linux OS and Shell Scripting
• Capability to specify, design, implement, debug and profile high-performance web application software.
• Should be strong at debugging, troubleshooting, profiling own's code as well as reviewing that of peers.
• Sufficient knowledge of office productivity tools to represent formal exchange of technical content communication.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with good rapport and collaboration with teammates within the team.
Good to have skills -
• Knowledge of operating systems and concepts. Linux & Windows is the preference.
• Knowledge of creating and operating any multi node cluster like Hadoop.
• Knowledge of creating and operating any containerized platform like Kubernetes in cloud
• Knowledge of software performance measurements and tuning
• Understanding of software security requirements and associated standards like NIST, OWASP, PCI-DSS etc.
• Has gone through a devops cycle, CI/CD pipelines and software test automations.
• Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic algorithms
• Knowhows of Agile process for product delivery.
• Background to computer science and systems
• Experience on Java & Python programming language
• Knowledge of Public Cloud technologies like AWS/GCP/Azure
• Knowledge on modern scalable/elastic systems in cloud like Databricks/ HDInisghts/ Dataflow/ Cloudera Data Platform(CDP)/Big Query/Synapse etc. Any or multiple is desirable.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits with generous vacation and holiday time off. All employees are also provided access to ongoing learning & development.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is our priority. We are committed to an environment of acceptance where you are free to bring your full self to work. All qualified applicants and current employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.