The Data Mgmt Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Control group and Data Services Senior Managers to assess the internal and external risks of the business and determine quarterly and annual internal risk ratings of the Data Services organization.
- Assist in the control assessment of Data Services to determine if controls should be classified as a Significant Inherent Operational Risks (SIOR). If identified as a SIOR, the Data Governance must assist in the development and implementation of a monitoring methodology to mitigate the risk of the organization.
- Work in partnership with the Control Group, Chief Data Office, and other groups to implement Data Governance controls in applicable entities and entity units.
- Conduct and embed stronger Data Management controls consistent with Citi Data Management Policy globally across Finance and Risk.
- Facilitate and coordinate the annual Data Management Maturity assessment of 20 Global Teams within Finance and Risk.
- Assist in the preparation of training and review sessions with senior managers to assess their business, explain each survey question and recommend artefacts which are key for improving business scores.
- Designate Strategic Data Repositories and Approved Data Source
- Assist in the coordination of Strategic Data Repositories and Approved Data Source Questionnaires for all systems across the Finance Risk & Infrastructure organization.
- Assist in the maintenance of Data Services records management program which includes supporting all records related initiatives in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Governance of Data Services Policies, Procedures & Standards
- Assist in the partnership with key cross functional stakeholders in Data Services to update, refine & enhance key Data Governance documents.
- Maintain a proactive and comprehensive notification process to ensure that there are no late and/or Corrective Action Plans actions owned by Data Services.
- Provide analytical support to finance functional team in identifying potential Data Quality issues, capture in centralized issue repository.
- Establish and maintain a working partnership with the Business / Technology Teams in identifying root cause and remediation of the prioritized issues
- Assist the Data Services Data Governance Officer, Senior Managers and Data Governance Team to update on an annual basis the CDMP review.
- Function as a line of defense support for internal auditors, third party vendors with audits and independent validation
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Operating Review and Data Governance Council materials.
- Work with Tableau and Python developers in automating the production of the metrics which will demonstrate the progress in terms of "improved" quality of data going into regulatory reports.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members on implementation of Data quality rules, data dictionary, documentation of data elements in Collibra
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Bachelors/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.Job Family Group:
Data ManagementTime Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting