The IT Business Intermediate Analyst is an intermediate-level position responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to continuous iterative exploration and investigation of business performance and other measures to gain insight and drive business planning.Responsibilities:
- Formulate and define systems scope and project objectives through research activities and provide guidance to new or lower level analysts
- Analyze business client needs, document requirements and new technology, and derive test cases
- Define and analyze enhancements and assist in redesigning business processes and process automation
- Prepare reports, metrics and presentations and exchange ideas/information in a concise and logical manner between business units and IT
- Identify risk and consider business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Test systems to ensure projects meet requirements and identify system problems to develop solutions based on analyses
- Resolve problems by translating business requirements into technical solutions and identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and precedent
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in data analysis with intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of applicable business systems and industry standards
- Proven analytical, data analysis, organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse project portfolio
- Consistently passionate for research, ideation and exploration with understanding of business analysis procedures and concepts
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team with understanding of how collaboration accomplishes objectives
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Conduct the meeting with clients and key stakeholders to gather requirements, analyze, finalize and have formal sign-off's from approvers. Gather and conduct analysis of the business requirements.
- Translate the business requirements into the Business Requirement Document [BRD], Functional Requirement Document [FRD], Minor Development Document [MDD], Jira Epics etc
- Facilitate project meetings with both business and technology teams.
- Analyze data using Excel, reports and other tools to ensure data quality and accurate calculation results
- Coordinate with business user community for the execution of user acceptance test as well as tracking issues.
- Work, collaborate and coordinate with Offshore and Onsite team members to fulfill the BA responsibilities from project initiation to Post-Implementation.
- Develop and Review the test scripts with business users as well as technology team. Execute test scripts with expected results for the System Integration Test (SIT) and User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Co-ordinate and/or conduct the Production Acceptance Testing (PAT) with the business users.
- Creates flow diagrams, structure charts, and other types of system or process representations.
- Manage changes to requirements and baseline through a change control process.
- Utilizes standard processes, design and testing tools throughout project development life cycle
- Work closely with the operational functional teams, operations management and personnel, and various technology teams to facilitate a common understanding of requirements and priorities across all areas
- 4- 8 years of industry experience
- Experience of Agile development and scrums
- Good understanding of any one out of operational risk or compliance risk or internal audit functions. Should have work experience on requirement gathering of workflow or analytics and reporting systems.
Job Family Group:
- Work experience/understanding in Risk area and basic understanding of compliance risk and operational risk
- Having work experience with Agile teams
- Exposure to Use cases, QA and UAT of projects.
- Articulation/ Written and verbal communication.
- Deep working experience of flow charting, Visio, MS-Office applications and Basic SQL and database interaction capability
Business Analysis / Client ServicesTime Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting