The Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Understanding Business Requirements and Functional Requirements provided by Business Analysts and to convert into Technical Design Documents and leading the development team to deliver on those requirements.
- Work closely with Cross Functional Teams e.g. Business Analysis, Product Assurance, Platforms and Infrastructure, Business Office, Controls and Production Support. Prepare handover documents; manage SIT with oversight of UAT and Production Implementation.
- Identify and proactively resolve issues that could affect system performance, reliability, and usability.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of how the development function integrates within overall business/technology to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Work proactively & independently to address development requirements and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address risks
- Ability to understand complex data problems, analyze and provide generic solutions compatible with existing Infrastructure.
- Design, Implement, Integrate and test new features.
- Owns success - Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions. Mentoring other developers on their implementation as needed, and organize review activities like design review, code review and technical document review etc. to ensure successful delivery.
- Explore existing application systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to software architecture, software development process and new technologies etc.
- Ability to build relationship with business and technology stakeholders.
- 5-8+ years' experience in software development and 3+ years' of experience in BFSI is a must.
- Strong 3-5+ years of experience in big data ecosystem Hadoop, Spark and Hive.
- Hands on experience in Java/J2EE/Spring Boot/Spring Batch
- Hands on experience in building ETL applications using Talend.
- Knowledge of Python will be a strong plus.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS - Oracle, with ability to write complex SQL needed to investigate and analyze data issues
- Strong in UNIX Shell/Perl Scripting.
- Proven 5+ years of experience in working with complex data warehouses
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.Job Family Group:
Applications DevelopmentTime Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting