Location : Dallas, TX Location: Dallas, TX
G-Research is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research's office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest cloud technologies in a cutting-edge environment. The role
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our Colo Infrastructure team to help build highly available network solutions for our low latency platform.
G-Research fosters a DevOps culture with a particular focus on automation. An understanding of the importance of building supportable solutions that reduce operational cost is therefore essential for this role.
We want engineers that can absorb new technologies and have the ability to "be the packet". You will work with different teams and individuals across the business; as such, you will need to explain complex design structures to a range of users, with varying domain knowledge.Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of designing and building highly available, mission critical networks, low latency networks (including layer 1 switching), timing solutions (using GPD, PTP and NTP) and packet capture solutions (including optical taps, SPAN, tap aggregation and timestamping)
- Experience running product evaluation and testing
- The ability to interconnect market data and order entry in exchange collocations
- Experience evaluating WAN connectivity options for optimal diversity and latency
- Experience with multicast configuration and troubleshooting
- In-depth understanding of automation tools, including Git, Python, Jenkins and Ansible
Don't feel you need to tick all of these boxes. If you are a smart, motivated, passionate Engineer, then we want to hear from you.Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 25 days of paid time off, including Summer Fridays
- Sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks' fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
- Generous relocation allowance and support
- Great selection of office snacks, and hot & cold drinks
- On-site gym and car park
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.