Location : London
G-Research is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.The role
We are committed to finding the world's best Engineers, and take the hiring of this type of talent very seriously. As a Financial Technology Software Engineer, you will support the build, implementation and ongoing development of the organisation's Treasury capability.
Most of our systems are written in C# using .NET Core, but we also use Scala and Python with our big data platform and Typescript for UIs. We utilise modern web, distributed and big data technologies, meaning we have a broad range of software engineering challenges for the right person.
This is an opportunity to be part of our journey to build a world-leading software engineering practice. We are working hard to embed a continuous improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation, striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry.
This role will suit an Engineer who is looking to contribute to the operational success of a leading quantitative finance research firm by creating software ranging from resilient server side components, to a high performance big data platform and well-designed user interfaces.
Financial Technology Software Engineers work closely with our client and quantitative researchers to build out a new and comprehensive Treasury system.
Examples of projects that the team are working on include:
Who are we looking for?
- Creating systems for liquidity risk management, collateral management and capital management
- Developing a Treasury dashboard to bring together the financial data required to manage the daily cash flows, financing, inventory, margin management and excess capital
- Optimizing inventory and cash placements to make the most efficient use of capital
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Why should you apply:
- Experience engineering high-quality software in an OO language, ideally including Scala, C#, or Java
- An appreciation of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals, data structures and CI/CD
- A genuine interest in software technology
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn about the Treasury space within quantitative finance, and engineering skills to support its continual development within the business
- Ideally some front end experience with Angular, React, WPF, or similar
- Financial knowledge is beneficial, but this is not a requirement
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days' annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.