Would you like to join a User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems in the wireless network modeling and wireless standards area? Join our cross-functional team and steer projects through the full process, from understanding our users and their needs, to testing concepts and prototypes, through launch and monitoring solutions in the market.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective user experiences for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if you are:
- Energized by talking to customers and love tackling exciting problems
- Passionate about the user experience and want to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and exciting problems
- Interested in being a core member of the development team that builds products that make the world a better place
- Interested in improving programming workflows for scientists and engineers
Our user experience team has over 100 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing and design. As strategic business partners, we work closely with our product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle to develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
Learn more about our UX department Responsibilities
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MathWorks products and applications. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Identify which user research methods to use to answer questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints
- Conduct user research, identify user pains, and study user workflows to impact strategy and product direction
- Act as an advocate for our technical users
- Execute a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods such as, but not limited to, user interviews, surveys, usability testing, and card sorting
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations for design considerations based on that feedback
- Contribute to requirements and collaborate on design documents
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
STEM Degree (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Computer Science)
Experience with relevant research and collaboration tools (e.g., UserZoom, OptimalWorkshop, Morae, Miro)
Experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
Knowledge of MATLAB, other programming languages (Python, C++, R, or JS), or GitHub is a plus