Job ID 24-028
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers' journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them - in ways they may not even know they are at risk - so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda's Application Security team builds our Web Application Firewall (WAF) and WAF-as-a-Service product lines, protecting against the latest web application threats such as API attacks, bots, and client-side attacks. Our customers range from top-5 global banks and oil companies to small businesses who lack IT expertise - therefore, a key focus of our engineering efforts is using automation and Machine Learning to help our customers detect threats and tune their configuration for maximum security.Tech Stack:
What you'll be working on:
- Proficient in Python and relevant work experience
- Very good knowledge and experience working with the Django REST framework
- Database management skills and prior experience with MySQL/PostGres
- Exposure to cloud technologies and services on Azure/AWS platforms
- Experience working with message brokers (Celery/RabbitMQ)
- Linux background experience (Shell/Bash scripting knowledge is a plus)
- Experience working with Docker and containers is a plus
- Working knowledge of FastAPI is a plus
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile practices - working with source code management tools (Git)
What you bring to the role:
- Design and develop new features/enhancements.
- Troubleshoot, fix, and test product issues to resolve complex problems.
- Work with Product management to understand business requirements for projects and remove gaps and ambiguity. Create technical tasks out of general requirements.
- Understand performance and security implications of how the design/code impacts the product.
What you'll get from us:
- B.E/B.Tech or Masters' in Computer Science or related fields.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working as a backend developer.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and use a collaborative approach across boundaries to get work done.
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility - there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.