The Automation candidate will drive the automation initiative and will have a strong knowledge of industry best practices with Automation. This position requires a combination of people management and technical ability. More so, emphasis on a QA/Development (SDET) skillset, automating tests and limited manual execution in order to create the testing strategy for a given task. The ideal candidate will develop a working understanding of the interfacing applications, test environments, the testing services tools and methodologies. In addition, responsibilities include test strategy formulation, decomposing the business and technical requirements into test case scenarios, defining test data requirements, managing test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other preparation activities. During the test lifecycle, this person will develop the test case execution plan, create test runs, manage issues, report metrics and create / maintain automation scripts. Additional responsibilities include acting as a liaison between the Line of Business testing resources and the development team, investigating, monitoring, and reporting issues. This person will be responsible for leveraging testing tools and processes wherever possible. Overtime required on an as-needed basis.
• Understanding of QA Automation best practices, automation frameworks (i.e., Selenium, ROBOT Framework, Appium, UFT, Test Studio), test planning, script execution and maintenance
• Understanding of software development
• Develop and maintain test plans; develop manual and automated test cases and associated for application projects
• Perform assigned testing as per the Test Plan; document and report all discovered problems
• Create and execute smoke/regression tests for revised applications
• Maintain records of all application testing; prepare reports summarizing testing results
• Collaborate with developers and users to optimize testing, defect isolation, and defect tracking
• Ability to formulate a test strategy based on technical specification documents and business requirements.
• Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse group of IT management, offshore teams and business users is required.
• Candidate must have strong analytical and problem management skills to be able to resolve issues as they arise in the testing environments.
• Candidate must be able to multi-task across a wide range of test environments and projects.
• Prior experience participating in large, complex technology projects is required.
• Exposure to .Net technologies, web services, APIs, stored procedures, and middle tier applications