Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This role supports processes and operations that measure savings and other performance metrics for customers who license Optum's CES and EDCA software products. These tools are utilized to identify inappropriate payment for billed services on medical claims before payments are issued. General activities performed within this organization include:
- Customer reporting and analysis implementations (SQL Development)
- Processing of customer data to calculate performance metrics and estimated savings
- Development of SQL Scripts, Stored Procedures, SSIS packages and SSRS reporting utilizing MS SQL Server tools
- Maintenance and modification of developed code to conform with contractual requirements for Payment Integrity customers and other requested changes
- Maintain documentation to conform with coding best practices
- Operational support for the monthly production of savings and performance reports for Payment Integrity Customers and for internal business partners
- Ad hoc support of business inquiries requiring SQL expertise to support data extracts and transformations
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
To apply to an internal job, employees must meet the following criteria:
- 12 Months or more within the Organization
- Not on Active CAP
- Current Manager must be informed via email at the time of application
- No role change or movement in last 6 months
- ME or above in last common review
- Bachelor's degree or certification in a technical discipline
- 5+ years experience in general database development using MS SQL up through (at least) SQL 2012, preferably SQL 2016
- 1+ years experience in Data Warehousing
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of relational database best practices
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling and optimizing server resource usage
Careers with Optum.
- Experience working with medical claims (components, concepts of adjustments, denials, etc.)
- MS SSIS development experience
- MS SSRS development experience
Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.