Please check your email .
Acorn Technology is working with a leading Public Sector body who are embarking on a significant Digital Transformation companywide in Wales to find a Data Engineer to supplement an already talented team.
The successful candidate will support work within a multi-functional delivery team, responsible for the delivery of the robust data services and designs, set by data engineering senior members.
Specific responsibilities for this role include assisting with the development of data systems, development, and optimisation of ETL layers, maximising opportunities to re-use existing data flows and provide support to our cloud estate data platforms and data integration.
* Awareness of any data tooling (ETL, modelling).
* Awareness of simple programs or scripts (design, code, test, correct and document).
* Awareness of ingesting, cleansing, preparing and formatting data sets.
* Awareness of designing scalable solutions and future-proof data services.
Tools / Technologies:
* Experience of data tooling (Azure Data Factory (ADF), Data Bricks, Python, other).
* Evidence ability to design, code, test, correct and document simple programs or scripts.
* Experience of ingesting, cleansing, preparing and formatting data sets.
* Experience of data modelling or data governance.
* A very generous pension scheme with 27.1% - 27.9% employer contributions
* Flexible and remote working (1 day a week in office)
* Diverse and varied job shadowing & development opportunities
* Trainer-led learning through Civil Service Learning and our training partners
* Access to Microsoft's ESI training suite
* Access to free on-site parking, gym, café and restaurant
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply online or get in touch with Dan Newton from Acorn on (phone number removed).
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment