Please check your email .
Dynamic Application Packaging Specialist
Pay: 30-35 p/h
Length: 6- 12 months
Are you ready to take charge and make an impact in the Space industry! We have an “Out of this world” opportunity to work with a niche Space Agency in Surrey.
We are searching for a bold and experienced Application Packaging Specialist who thrives on responsibility and innovation. This role is for the visionaries who can create magic out of the complete application packaging lifecycle. From business and Office tools to programming tools and more—everything in our diverse software estate awaits your expertise.
As the linchpin in our IT operations, you'll not only explore and report on our current application estate but also work hand-in-hand with our dynamic IT team and service owners. You'll be the cornerstone of understanding the context of our applications and offering 3rd Line BAU support for applications migrated to the production environment.
* Develop, test, and maintain software packages and images, including operating systems for user machine distribution.
* Liaise with users to identify the optimal deployment method for each software piece through QA, UAT, and production environments using MECM.
* Maintain clear and effective documentation, embodying our organizational standards and best practices.
* Share knowledge to empower your team and foster a culture of innovation and learning.
* Dive into exciting projects as needed and bring them to life.
We're seeking someone with:
* A proven track record in application packaging, coupled with sequencing and troubleshooting expertise using MS App-V 5.x.
* Experience with MECM for deployment of MSI and App-V packages.
* Mastery over Windows Installer Technology and App-V of Line of Business office applications.
* Good command over tools like AdminStudio, InstallShield, Orca, PowerShell, and more.
* Deep understanding of Windows Registry, File Systems, Services, devices, Hardware Drivers, and Permissions/Security, AD, GPO related to application packages.
Above all, we want someone who can work without supervision yet collaboratively, stay focused under pressure, and is eager to take ownership of issues and projects. Excellent communication skills, a service-oriented mindset, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to investigate and resolve problems using appropriate tools are prerequisites for this role.
Are you ready to embrace this challenge and make a difference? Join us, and let's create extraordinary together