Please check your email .
The client is all about progression and constantly challenging and developing ourselves as individuals and as a company. They have been providing business critical solutions to customers in the utilities sector for over 20 years. They deliver scalable and reliable transactional, data handling and analytics solutions.
As a company they are committed to meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations such that we are first choice for continuing to provide services to them in the long term.
They champion Growth from Within, both for individuals to challenge themselves to grow, seize opportunities and develop further than they may have thought possible, whilst also investing in our awesome talent as the future leaders of our business and industry.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Application Consultant with a proven track record in working between the customer requirements, product vison and technical development teams.
The role of the Energy Consultant will involve implementing our products in new and existing clients. The successful applicant will be involved in projects from the initial definition of the scope right through to go-live and post implementation support.
The ideal candidate will possess extensive Utility industry experience (Energy) allied to excellent communication and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of the UK energy Market both from a Supplier and Industry Participant point of view. The consultant will display a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, be self-motivated and able to work part of a team.
Experience in methodologies such as Sprint / Agile and implementing software products from planning right through to go-live is also desirable.
Our clients are primarily UK based utilities companies and as such work will be UK wide.
• Responsible for translating the customer requirements into documentation for client implementation
• Defining test scenarios based on requirements/design
• Liaise with Test Manager on implementation test plans
• Report to the Project Manager on project progress
• Liaise with the Solution Architect on client requirements and solution design
• Responsible for ensuring the delivery meets expected company standards (e.g. release documentation standards) • Liaison between the project technical teams and any third-party vendors
• Subject matter expertise and deep understanding of the end-to-end industry defined processes operating in the UK Energy Retail Market including knowledge of upcoming industry changes such as Faster Switching, Consequential Changes, MHHS and Smart DUIS changes
• Subject matter expertise and understanding of the UK Smart Metering implementation including SMETS1, SMETS2, Enrolment & Adoption, Installation Activities and DCC
• Detailed knowledge of relationships between industry participants in the market including the governance, regulation and the data transfer / communications mechanisms which support these relationships
• Knowledge of key drivers of change within either the Gas or Electricity industry segments. • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Desirable: • Experience of MDMS / AMI Head End solutions
• Process & Data Modelling (BPMN, UML, Case tools)
• System Analysis using SQL queries
• Experience in delivering client presentations
• Experience in running requirement / design workshops
• Experience in producing Requirements / Functional Specifications
• Experience of test support, using test tools and methodologies, e.g., unit test, system testing, UAT testin
• Experience of development using an Agile Methodology including tools such as JIRA and Azure DevOps.
Your personal characteristics will include:
• Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
• Ability to interpret and translate between customer and technical staff
• Business awareness, able to appreciate the business context and drivers behind the technical solution
• Good listening and communication skills (oral and written)
• Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Quality focused • Articulate, enthusiastic, responsible, logical and thorough
• Visionary and entrepreneurial with a positive "can do" attitude towards the challenges facing the project and client
• Highly flexible, willing to do what is required to exceed the customer expectations