Please check your email .
The client is all about progression and constantly challenging and developing themselves as individuals and as a company. They have been providing business critical solutions to customers in the utilities sector for over 20 years. They deliver scalable and reliable transactional, data handling and analytics solutions.
As a company they are committed to meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations such that we are first choice for continuing to provide services to them in the long term.
They champion Growth from Within, both for individuals to challenge themselves to grow, seize opportunities and develop further than they may have thought possible, whilst also investing in our awesome talent as the future leaders of our business and industry.
They have established an internal programme to manage our Market-wide Half Hourly Settlement (MHHS) Programme. MHHS is an industry wide programme, which is seeking to introduce site-specific reconciliation for all meter points in the GB electricity market and reduce the settlement window.
This development is being made possible with the roll out of smart meters and will be a key enabler to introducing time of use tariffs to electricity consumers, giving them the opportunity to reduce their bills. The energy industry regulator, Ofgem, has estimated that MHHS could bring benefits of £1.6bn – £4.6bn of benefits to consumers by 2045.
MHHS is a really important development in the electricity sector and will have implications for our clients and the products that the company provides to them. MHHS is a once in a generational change to the electricity market arrangements and in some cases is estimated to touch the majority of Suppliers systems and business processes. Changes will also be necessary for Distribution companies and the central bodies who manage the central systems.
In this role you will be supporting the Senior Leadership Team to manage the overall company MHHS Programme. The Programme Director will also be the main interface between the internal programme and the MHSS central programme team to ensure that our solution(s) are in the right place at the right time and to the right quality. This will involve the oversight of the internal programme and external networking.
You will also be responsible for coordinating the internal effort with the work that needs to take place to ensure that the programme reflects what is required from the central programme, whilst keeping an eye on the competitive environment.
You will have a clear focus on customer needs and the industry context, benefits, deliverables, scope and stakeholder management
The duties of the MHHS Programme Director will be to:
• Ensure that a robust programme plan is developed and maintained by the programme team and that this dovetails with the MHHS central plan
• Review and challenge risk, issues and dependencies identified by the programme team and ensure that this is kept up to date and represents risk coming out of the central programme
• Work with the programme team in identifying potential clients for new products and services and facilitate introductions, as necessary, and use existing relationships to aid with client meetings and presentations
• Share intelligence on competitor activity and market developments with the internal programme and SLT
• Attend client meetings and workshop sessions, as required, and help with determining client requirements
• Oversee the company MHHS programme team and report progress and issues to the SLT team
• Monitor the MHHS internal programme plan, seeking to identify any concerns over hitting milestones and deliverables.
The MHHS Programme Director will also be responsible for:
• Inspiring the company programme team to deliver the services and products needed for the clients to successfully exit the MHHS Programme
• Receive updates on the MHHS meetings that the internal programme team attend and provide guidance on what industry issues and developments could mean for the internal programme, programme timing and progress
• Provide insight into the developments in the central MHHS Programme and what these might mean for potential clients e.g., the reduction in the settlement window.Working with clients to realise the benefits of the new landscape and functionality that MHHS will bring to Suppliers and Network companies
• Engage with the clients at the workgroup levels to look at innovation and to help them make the most of the MHHS initiative.
• Experience of participating in cross-industry change programmes, preferably the MHHS or Faster Switching Programmes
• Gravitas to be able to lead and chair meetings with our clients and interface and influence the central programme team – showing our commitment to MHHS through the appointment of credible resource
• Understanding of electricity settlement and the flows / market design that support market operation. Detailed MHHS understanding highly desired, but not essential
• Directed programmes with multiple parties in the delivery of projects e.g., 3rd party suppliers, systems integrators, offshore resources, either directly or indirectly
• Experienced at building strong relationships with senior level clients / customers and stakeholders to facilitate successful project / programme delivery
• Experience of attending and influencing at senior-level meetings, including industry meetings
• Ability to operate in a multi-stakeholder environment, with regulatory scrutiny
• Ability to lead a multi-disciplined team, through a programme with challenging timelines and milestones