OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.The Opportunity :
As a Lead Software Engineer you will make decisions based on established practices. You will work under general guidance with progress reviewed on a regular basis. You will contribute as a team member and take responsibility for own work commitments and take part in project / functional problem-solving. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.You are great at :
What it Takes:
- Produce high quality code according to design specifications.
- Utilize analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix complex code defects.
- Software design/coding for a functional requirement, ensure quality and adherence to company standards.
- Should lead the design discussions and meetings with all stake holders.
- Collaborate with Product Owner to plan and prioritize tasks for others to support the achievement of team objectives.
- Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
- Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
- Participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of enterprise product development experience
- Web based platform/application development
- Fundamentally good programming and debugging skills
- Proficiency in Java/ JEE, JQuery, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Spring (Boot, REST, JPA), Hibernate, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, AngularJS, Typescript, Any database
- Some exposure to Cloud technologies usage and deployments would be good (AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
- Experience in developing products for Desktop, Web Servers and Cloud
- Good knowledge of Security requirements for Cloud environments and applications to ensure systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Working with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Experienced in implementing Continuous Delivery. (CI/CD - Continuous Integration, Deployment)
- Proven ability to analyze problems, and root causes, and develop innovative solutions to business challenges and streamline operations.
- Knowledge of security architectures for different types of cloud and cloud/hybrid systems. Knowledge of cloud security stack across platforms, security controls and cloud deployment models.
- Knowledge of information security management, auditing skills, network/systems/application security
- Assist with the review and definition of security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they are designed to comply with established standards.
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying security vulnerabilities using leading tools either using SAST, DAST or IAST.
- Understanding of security solutions in cloud environments across various security domains like Identity & Access Management, Security Monitoring, data protection (encryption, tokenization).
- Proven history of learning and implementing new technologies under pressure.
- Must thrive in new product environments - those that frequently change and have time constraints.
- Must love to ship products - and the pressure associated with it - not just work on software.
- Knowledge of Agile or Scrum development methodologies.
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at 1-800-499-6544.