Please check your email .
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £47,710.00 - £53,826.00 per annum, pro rata
Hours: Part-time, 30 hours per week
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days annual leave
The RSPB has always been here to save nature - from our origins as a campaign to end the use of feathers in women's hats right through to our present-day ground-breaking research, saving species from extinction, protecting some of wildlife's finest sites in the UK and beyond and engaging millions of people in the wonders of wildlife. We've been successful because we've always adapted.
The RSPB’s digital estate is vital to our mission to give nature a home – from rallying people together to speak up for nature, inspire a love of wildlife, and raise the income that pays for our conservation work in the UK and worldwide.
You can work without direction translating business requirements into technical solutions, conduct code reviews ensuring work is production ready, highly effective, and efficient. You will be comfortable in multi-project sprint-based environment, focussed on efficiency and removing constraints by turning obstacles into opportunities.
You must be commercially competent throughout your range of skills and be able to draw on a wealth of experience. Confident to go beyond your comfort zone and experiment with unfamiliar technologies when needed and thrive in dynamic teams exhibiting agility and capability with high frequency delivery cycles.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
* You will bring a high level of development expertise to the team and work individually and collectively to support the RSPB e-commerce platform.
* You will be able to communicate effectively with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* You will be able to respond to business requirements with innovative solutions and present creative lateral thinking to technical roadblocks.
* Your rich experience and broad skillset will mean you are a multi-faceted engineer, commercially competent in many languages and comfortable with the architecture they run on.
* You will have experience in delivering modern front-end driven single-page and multi-page applications.
34 days of annual leave includes bank holidays, Employee volunteer day with charity or organisation of choice, Up to 4 weeks Sabbatical opportunities after 5 years of service, Toil and Flexible Working.
We support a healthy work-life balance and full remote working to help save nature through people.
Closing date: 23:59, Wednesday, 21st June 2023
Due to the critical nature of this role, we will interview applicants as soon as possible and close the post once successful applicants are appointed.
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please