Please check your email .
Role: Project Manager
Contracting Authority: Government
Contract Length: March 2024
Location: Hybrid – Reading/Peterborough/Welwyn Garden City
Pay Rate: £650 per day
An exciting opportunity has become available with our prestigious client who is a prominent government department. The client is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their welcoming team.
The Project Manager Role:
• Develop business cases for projects to support the organisation achieve target condition for assets, manage flood risk, and meet legal requirements.
• Manage projects in line with the organisation’s policies, procedures, and guidance.
• Lead a project team, working collaboratively, with stakeholders and delivery partners to successfully deliver projects.
• Monitor and report on progress of the project schedule and expenditure, identifying risks, issues, and opportunities, with a focus on mitigation or escalation.
• Seek to influence customers and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, customers, and suppliers, internally and externally to maintain a positive reputation, response, and effective resolution of issues.
• Encourage and develop a culture with a strong focus on health, safety and wellbeing, sustainability, inclusivity within the team to drive best practice across partner organisations and communities.
The Project Manager Will Need:
• NEC4 contracts experience is essential
• Extensive project management experience in the delivery of public Infrastructure projects across construction. Flood risk/coastal erosion experience would be advantageous
• Experience of 5 case business model
• Have a deep understanding of Health & Safety regulations with construction projects
• Preferred professional membership of Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE), Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) (DESIRABLE)
• PRINCE2 or AMPQ qualification (or working towards) (DESIRABLE)
Minorities, women, LGBTQ+ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interviews will take place next week, so please apply immediately to be considered for this exciting contract role or call Bangura Solutions to discuss this role further