As a Lead Data Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within our Global Technology Infrastructure, Global Solutions Delivery team, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver data collection, storage, access, and analytics solutions in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for maintaining critical data pipelines and architectures across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm's business objectives.
- Generates data models for their team using firmwide tooling, linear algebra, statistics, and geometrical algorithms
- Delivers data collection, storage, access, and analytics data platform solutions in a secure, stable, and scalable way
- Implements database back-up, recovery, and archiving strategy
- Evaluates and reports on access control processes to determine effectiveness of data asset security with minimal supervision
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Working experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience and proficiency across the data lifecycle
- Experience with database back-up, recovery, and archiving strategy
- Proficient knowledge of linear algebra, statistics, and geometrical algorithms
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools experience
- BI (Business Intelligence) tools knowledge, particularly Tableau & QlikView
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Data Analyst Certification
- Proficient with Data Analysis tools
- Demonstrable business acumen with a customer-oriented focus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we're setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.