This role encompasses being an Engineering Lead and managing two development teams - 1 in London and 1 in Singapore. Our teams are self-organising but still require good leadership, guidance and coaching. The project has a cloud-based microservice architecture built mainly with Java and Springboot, with a React front-end. It's a relatively new application that has the potential to scale considerably, and a growing user-base.
When you mentor and advise multiple technical teams and move financial technologies forward, it's a big challenge with big impact. You were made for this.
As a Senior Manager of Software Engineering, you serve in a leadership role by providing technical coaching and advisory for multiple technical teams, as well as anticipate the needs and potential dependencies of other functions within the firm. As an expert in your field, your insights influence budget and technical considerations to advance operational efficiencies and functionalities. Job responsibilities
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Provide overall direction, oversight, and coaching for a team of entry-level to mid-level software engineers that work on basic to moderately complex tasks
- Managing two development teams - 1 in London and 1 in Singapore
- Accountable for decisions that influence teams' resources, budget, tactical operations, and the execution and implementation of processes and procedures
- Ensures successful collaboration across teams and stakeholders
- Identifies and mitigates issues to execute a book of work while escalating issues as necessary
- Provides input to leadership regarding budget, approach, and technical considerations to improve operational efficiencies and functionality for the team
- Creates a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect for team members and prioritizes diverse representation
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience leading teams of technologists
- Cloud based microservice architecture
- Java, Springboot and React
- Ability to guide and coach teams on approach to achieve goals aligned against a set of strategic initiatives
- Experience with hiring, developing, and recognizing talent
- Practical cloud native experience
- Experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and expertise in technology disciplines
- Experience working at code level
- Java, Springboot, React
- Cloud experience & Leadership
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we're setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.