Imagine what we can INSPIRE with you
Moody's empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
Moody's is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don't meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityDepartment
Moody's Shared Services - Technology Services Group Role/Responsibilities
This role is part of the Shared Services technical product team. Moody's is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer who is responsible for developing and supporting a cloud based Datalake platform. You will be joining a growing technology service group and will work with modern, scalable data solutions using a range of new and emerging technologies. This is a critical role where the Engineer will liaise with Business stakeholders in analyzing requirements, designing solutions, data models, and execution of data initiatives.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in designing and maintaining data structures that support business and technology objectives leveraging the AWS architecture including AWS Glue, Athena, Crawlers, Step functions, etc. as well as strong leadership and communication skills. In this role, you will be responsible for both development and support functions and ensuring the quality and scalability of our applications.
A successful candidate must be both a leader who can work with vendor resources, stakeholders, and work with agile teams. On any day, the candidate could be doing any or all of the following:
- Execute utilizing SDLC delivery practices, including waterfall, hybrid, and Agile methodologies.
- Develop code using Python scripting (PySpark), SQL, and .Net and manage data pipelines.
- Provide guidance and serve as a point of escalation for complex data and system issues and formulate plans to analyze, identify, test, and resolve issues
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and ensure adherence to best practices, with a strong focus on secure and efficient coding practices.
- Stay up to date with emerging cloud technologies and tools.
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and prioritize development efforts.
- Learning about and becoming familiar with data assets, processing jobs and pipelines, and tools
- Guide and mentor other developers, providing feedback and supporting their growth.
- Manage GitHub repositories.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Cloud platform development.
- Experience in designing architectures of cloud-based solutions on AWS
- Technical experience with AWS architecture including AWS Athena, Glue, Crawlers, Step functions, etc.
- Expertise in version control systems such as Git, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong background in SQL and/or Python knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical details into clear business context as well as fully grasping business goals.
- Experience in SDLC and other project methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Well-developed data-driven problem-solving and analytic capabilities, strong organizational, management, and communication skills.
- Be able to pick up new software and systems quickly and self-train via all available training and internet resources.
- Experience with Azure data factory is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain flexible and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Strong sense of ownership regarding work product.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.