Imagine what we can INSPIRE with you
Moody's empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
Moody's is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don't meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityDepartment
Moody's Shared Services - Technology Services Group Role/Responsibilities
This role is part of the Application Production Support technical team in the Shared Application Services organization. Moody's is seeking a Software Engineer to lead our team in providing Level 1 support across our technology platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible for daily Production Support functions, work on and ensure that all incidents related to the supported applications are resolved in a timely manner. The resource will ensure functioning of the production environment with the view to maintain stability and control.They will interact daily with business analysts, end users, developers, third party vendors and internal cross-functional teams to resolve application usage related issues and provide seamless support.
A successful candidate must be both a leader who can work with vendor resources, stakeholders, and work with agile teams. On any day, the candidate could be doing any or all of the following:
- Provide a superior customer experience in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Communicate with users and all those that contact support team in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Triage and escalate any production issue affecting application functionality and outages per procedures.
- Participate in Project, M&E, Project transition and UAT's to enhance individual knowledge and build on the knowledge required to build and support the applications.
- Properly document all requests and issues within tickets utilizing support of multiple ticketing platforms such as Salesforce, Service Now and Jira etc.
- Support SOX lifecycle, including scoping, documentation, tests of design and effectiveness, reporting.
- Develop and review Standard Operating procedures documentation for re-occurring issue and requests.
- Provide training to junior engineers on new tools, business applications and technologies.
- Validate operating effectiveness of SOX controls and deliver a quality work product, free of errors and on time.
- Prioritize production incidents, requests, and problems appropriately, to maximize the output of the Production Support team and minimize service disruption
- Act as a first point of escalation and provide up-to-date status to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the infrastructure support and delivery teams to implement best practices and improve performance.
- Handle offshore team and build relationship with product vendors and other stakeholders.
- This position requires the individual to be flexible in availability to provide support in shifts in line with business needs
- Meet individual and team goals and service levels.
- Document and maintain procedures.
- Actively lead and participate in team meetings and discussions.
- University degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in application support role within the financial sector.
- Proficient technical knowledge on integration tools like Control M Scheduler, Informatica ETL, Alteryx and Mulesoft
- Proficient technical knowledge on SQL and SOQL Technologies
- Intermediate technical knowledge on one of the Reporting tools like Tableau, PowerBI and Cognos.
- Strong familiarity with systems automation principles with intermediate hands-on experience with scripting technologies (Python, VBA, Perl, PowerShell, VBS, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with Service Management tools like ServiceNow, JIRA and Confluence.
- This position requires the individual to be flexible in availability to provide support in shifts in line with business needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills and comfortable with Agile deliverability methodology.
- Ability to remain flexible and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and report on complex data in a concise manner and ability to identify trends and ensure consistency.
- Strong technical skills required to create and maintain analysis and reporting (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong sense of ownership of the work product.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.