Imagine what we can INSPIRE with you
Moody's empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
Moody's is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don't meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityDepartment
Moody's Shared Services - Technology Services Group Role/Responsibilities
This role is part of the Application Production Support technical team in the Shared Application Services organization. Moody's is seeking a Salesforce Engineer to lead our team in supporting Moody's Salesforce platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for daily Production Support functions, work on and ensure that all incidents related to the supported applications are resolved in a timely manner. The resource will ensure functioning of the production environment with the view to maintain stability and control.
A successful candidate must be both a leader who can work with vendor resources, stakeholders, and work with agile teams. On any day, the candidate could be doing any or all of the following:
- Provide a superior customer experience in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Manage ticket inflow and work assignments for the team, providing daily reporting around the same.
- Coordinate with L1 business lead for prioritization of tasks.
- Lead the team in performing analysis in the identification and resolution of integrated data.
- Work with other teams in the resolution of issues that span multiple applications and/or platforms.
- Lead the service delivery of Release Management and Operational Support activities.
- Analyze highly complex application build, release and deployment requirements and write technical specifications to design or redesign build, release and deploy automation.
- Assist in the rollout and deployment of new product features, and deployment of applications via automation with configuration management tools.
- Coach and support software engineer/s to enhance their ability to troubleshoot user queries around applications.
- Act as the first point of escalation and provide up-to-date status to all stakeholders including senior management on incidents and requests across Salesforce Applications.
- Participate in project delivery and maintenance activities, lead project transition and participate in UAT to enhance individual knowledge and build on the knowledge required to support the application.
- Manage major incidents in the application support area, work for a speedy resolution and follow up with resulting problem actions.
- Weekend Duty manager role as part of a global rotation, act as point of escalation for major incidents.
- This position requires the individual to be flexible in availability to provide support in shifts in line with business needs.
- Meet individual and team goals and service levels.
- Document and maintain procedures.
- Lead team meetings and discussions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development, Dev-Ops and support role within the financial sector.
- Salesforce Administration, Platform App Builder and Platform Developer 1 Certification.
- Apttus CPQ and financial force certification preferred.
- Complete understanding of the standard policy, ownership and implementation of the Event, Incident, Request, Problem, Release and Knowledge Management disciplines for various Salesforce applications and third-party tools.
- Sound knowledge on different software workload automation and monitoring tools like (BMC Remedy, Control M, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Nagios and Splunk).
- Experience with data quality tools and methods (such as data profiling, validation, cleansing, etc., via SQL/SOQL).
- Expertise in DevOps tools stack (Bitbuket, Github, AutoRabit, SVN, Aldon, TFS, Jira, Jenkins, Urban Code, Nolio and Puppet).
- Working in ITIL, Six Sigma, or CMM/CMMI aligned functions.
- Operations Management experience in a high availability environment supporting various salesforce applications & ERP/data integration tools (such as SAP, MuleSoft, Informatica ETL and IBM Sales Performance Management Etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills and comfortable with Agile deliverability methodology.
- Ability to remain flexible and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and report on complex data in a concise manner and ability to identify trends and ensure consistency.
- Strong technical skills required to create and maintain analysis and reporting (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong sense of ownership of the work product.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.