Imagine what we can INSPIRE with you
Moody's empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
Moody's is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don't meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityDepartment
Technology Services Group (TSG) Role/Responsibilities
This role is part of the Automation Tools technical product team in the Shared Application Services organization. Moody's is seeking a Senior Python Developer (Full Stack) to lead our team in developing and maintaining complex web applications. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in both back-end and front-end development using Python, as well as strong leadership and communication skills. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding and mentoring other developers, collaborating with designers to implement user-friendly interfaces, and ensuring the quality and scalability of our applications.
A successful candidate must be both a leader who can work with vendor resources, stakeholders, and work with agile teams. On any day, the candidate could be doing any or all of the following:
- Collaborate with designers to implement responsive and user-friendly web interfaces.
- Write reusable, testable, and performant code, and enforce best practices across the team.
- Guide and mentor other developers, providing feedback and supporting their growth.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and ensure adherence to best practices, with a strong focus on secure and efficient coding practices.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues across the full stack.
- Stay up to date with emerging web technologies and tools.
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and prioritize development efforts.
- Lead team meetings and discussions.
- Manage GitHub repositories.
The position requires the following experience/skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Python development, with a focus on full-stack web development.
- Experience in designing architectures of cloud-based solutions on AWS.
- Proven experience leading a team of developers and mentoring junior developers.
- Strong experience with web frameworks such as Flask or Django, and database management systems such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Pytest.
- Strong experience with app development using Slack or Teams.
- Expertise in version control systems such as Git, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in managing Docker containers and containerized environments.
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems.
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices, authentication, authorization, and encryption.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills and comfortable with Agile deliverability methodology.
- Ability to remain flexible and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and report on complex data in a concise manner and ability to identify trends and ensure consistency.
- Strong technical skills required to create and maintain analysis and reporting (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong sense of ownership regarding work product.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.