Job Description Description Your Role:
Tenable is not only building great products and carving out a completely new category, but we are also building a world-class engineering culture, and committed to hiring the very best. We are seeking an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to work in our Core Engineering team, focusing on our product's backend architecture. This is a highly technical, hands-on role in a technically stimulating and fast-paced environment!
You will be working with various teams within Tenable, to build a first-of-its-kind platform that enables self-healing cloud native infrastructure by codifying security throughout the development lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in developing enterprise products.Your Opportunity:
What You'll Need:
- Architect, design, develop, test and deploy software solutions in various areas of the Accurics by Tenable Self-healing platform
- Take charge of one or more functional areas for understanding the functional and technical requirements and suggesting a solution
- Support a true DevOps / CICD software delivery model
- Own the completeness of the functional area by proactively communicating, planning, estimating and delivering the functionality
- Define and deliver on various quality metrics of the functionality
- 5+ years of experience in creating well-written applications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Deep knowledge or extensive programming experience with at least two major cloud infrastructure vendors (AWS, Azure or GCP), virtualization and/or container technology (Kubernetes, Terraform, etc)
- Experience developing in languages such as: Go, Java, Kotlin, Groovy, or Node.js and a willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Experience with building and architecting cloud-based microservice applications - event driven or event streaming architectures particularly desirable.
- Sense of pride and ownership of team deliverables: accountability for the behavior of your software in production
- The hunger and zest to leverage the most advanced tools and technologies to build world-class solutions
- You find the challenges encountered at complex customer deployments to be fascinating and stimulating, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience coaching and leading mid-level and junior engineers in the design and implementation of technical projects
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and to lead/drive projects as necessary
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Extreme self-motivation along with an eye for automating your own manual tasks
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- You are constantly on the lookout of better solutions, even when no one has asked you to do so
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a distributed team.
If you've reached this point in the job description and feel you're still not sure if you should apply...Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay. If you're feeling like you're not going to fit in with our teams - that's not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it's a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We're committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.