Please check your email .
IT Field Technician (1st and 2nd Line Support)
Location: Bedford, MK40 2PR
Salary: £25 -32K, DOE + mileage
Contract: Full time & Permanent
Hours: 9 - 5:30pm Monday to Friday, Occasional weekend and after hours work when projects dictate.
• Employee Discount,
• Referral Programme,
• Occasional work from home, where it dictates,
• Loyalty Bonus,
• Performance Bonus.
PositiveITSystems is a small and young company started in late 2016 to provide top notch and a high level of support to our fantastic clients. We have established growth since our conception and are looking to take the company to the next level and hence the reason for recruitment.
About the Role:
PositiveITSystems has grown to cover many clients from small to medium businesses, with a good client base, providing effective IT support at these sites and is key to their success. The main purpose of the role is to support delivery of efficient and effective IT services to all clients; resolving IT issues and supporting the administrative and communications activities of the service.
Support activities will include (but not limited to):
* To contribute to the delivery of an efficient and effective IT services by configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting IT equipment and services at client sites.
* To monitor and administer IT in all locations supported by PositiveITSystems and ensure that systems and resources are maintained in a good state of repair and records for these resources are accurate.
* To liaise with appropriate staff to ensure that specialist systems and services are properly configured and supported.
Day to day tasks are as follows (but not limited to):
* To be responsible for the smooth operation of client sites across all clients by responding to requests in a timely and efficient manner
* To contribute to the manning of the Service Desks and the recording and resolution of reported issues and job requests through the use of the software.
* To receive and respond to telephone calls, personal enquiries and emails requesting information or support with regard to IT Services.
* To log and process calls for IT support and where possible resolve the user's problem before escalating to the next level, be it speaking to a senior person or contacting Vendor's directly for support.
* To perform routine network account administrative activities
* To assist with the preparation of reports and documentation on service performance
* To assist with the production of user guides, IT support documents and IT Services news updates
* To mark-up and add to the client's asset databases PCs, laptops and other items of equipment and conduct periodic inventory checking activities.
* To develop and update content relating to IT Services including news bulletins, help guides and project updates.
* To be responsible for the administration of portable items of IT equipment such as laptops and tablets.
* To abide by the Companies Health & Safety policy and to report any unsafe equipment or practices to the Managing Director or any other Senior members of Staff.
* To assist in the implementation of the Team and Group Quality Improvement Strategies.
Any other associated duties as requested by line management.
Essential skills / Qualifications
* 2-3 years' experience in a similar role
* Familiarity with Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 10 and 11)
* Familiarity with Microsoft applications (Office 365, 2019, 2016)
* Familiarity with MAC's and MAC OS
* Familiarity with Android Devices and Apple iPAD's
* Understanding PC, printers, basic knowledge and understanding of server, routers and switches.
* Microsoft qualifications would be useful.
* Ability to install and configure Windows and Exchange servers, O365 solutions
* Flexible approach to role, being able to think outside the box
* Able to introduce new ideas and products/solutions to clients
* A Valid driving licence and vehicle to use for business (but not a necessity). Mileage will be paid.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please