Please check your email .
Main purpose of the job
Troubleshoot and resolve complicated technical issues that have been escalated to from 1st and 2nd Line Engineers, while providing excellent customer service to clients throughout.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Responsible for troubleshooting any technical issues that have been escalated through the helpdesk.
* Act as troubleshooting lead for high level technical issues, high priority tickets and MSO’s
* Visit client’s sites as and when required
* Manage own time effectively and ensure all time spent on client jobs is logged
* Ability to report at all levels in the chain of command
* See Technical Escalations through from beginning to end
* Escalating tickets that need 3rd line resource into 3rd line queue and resolving
* Escalating tickets to Ops team in good time where required to ensure satisfactory resolution
* Maintaining the 3rd line and escalations queue to resolve issues as quickly as possible
* Logging troubleshooting and ticket notes accurately and in good time to ensure everyone has visibility of actions completed
* Communicate accurately and within good time both internally and externally
* Flag areas of risk / improvement within the firm if identified
* Train other members of the team in all things technical
* Provide out of hours technical support to clients (typically 1 in 3 weekends)
Personal and Team Responsibilities
* Excellent time management and communication skills
* Follow the helpdesk process and set an example for other employees
* Be approachable – ensure employees feel comfortable to ask for assistance
* You should always be thinking long term fixes and not short term.
* Excellent troubleshooting and triage skills.
* Desktop and application support (Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office and bespoke application troubleshooting)
* Administration and setup of Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
* Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V)
* Cloud technologies and concepts (Azure, RDS, Citrix)
* High-level networking, routing and firewalls (Sophos preferential but not essential)
* Wifi Solutions (Ubiquiti Desirable)
* Exchange and 365 tenant administration
* Printer setup and administration
* VOIP Technologies
* Automation – PowerShell or other (desirable)