Please check your email .
Modelling / Systems Engineer – Lincoln (LN6)
* Salary £(phone number removed)
* 25 days annual leave inclusive of up to 3 days Christmas shut-down
* Buy or sell up to 5 days’ annual leave
* Annual Wellbeing allowance
* Two pension schemes to choose from
* Private Medical Insurance + discounts for additional family members
* Life Assurance scheme up to 4 x salary
* Share Save scheme
* Electric/Hybrid Car leasing scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Retail discounts
* Career development support
Our Electronic Warfare Operations Support Group (EWOS) is made up of 40+ electronic warfare specialists. From all manner of backgrounds, our engineers, scientists and ex-military personnel combine their experience to help our customers achieve the true operational potential, and ultimately help keep their people and platforms safe.
Forming part of EWOS, our Modelling team provide technical advice and support to our customers relating to countermeasure research and development, engineering support and delivery, as well as supporting internal initiatives relating to innovation and research and contractual projects.
Reporting to a Senior System Engineer, this team are predominantly based from our modern Head Office in Cambridgeshire. When project classifications allow, they tend to work four days in the office and one day from home, giving you the best of both worlds: flexibility and collaboration.
How you’ll support us
As a member in this team, you’ll be intrinsic to the delivery of highly technical and challenging projects; you’ll also have plenty of opportunity to be hands-on with innovation, research and systems development, as well as support our various internal projects and bid exercises.
The invaluable experience you’ll bring, to help us achieve more
Core to this role will be your deep understanding of Physics/Mathematical principles at Degree-level, as well as your working knowledge of electro-optic (EO) infra-red (IF) and radio frequency (RF) sensors, within a Defence setting.
You’ll be familiar with working in textual and graphical programming environments, have experience in systems engineering research and development, and the fundamental mathematical knowledge to analyse complex models and simulations. Ideally having used MATLAB Simulink to conduct analysis.
You’ll also be a willing mentor, able to answer questions, bounce ideas, drive and develop the team around you.
* A deep understanding of Physics/Mathematical principles at Degree-level
* Experienced in working with MATLAB/Simulink
* An understanding of Electronic Warfare
* Research and development experience
* Software Development in C/C++
* Digital Signal Processing and real time controls of FPGA
* Xilinx toolsets and hardware including RFSoC
* Good knowledge on real-time operating systems and Linux
Due to the highly secure nature of the projects that you will be involved with, you must be:
* A UK National and eligible to work in the UK
* Eligible to obtain and maintain a UK Government DV-level security clearance
Who is MASS?
MASS is an independent, global technology company, trusted by highly secure organisations to provide advanced, digital services that manage data and keep information safe. With our heritage in defence, we offer robust solutions to sectors where security expertise is essential. We work in partnership with customers, using skilled, technical experts. We think innovatively to provide tailored, agile and resilient solutions that secure advantage, so you’re ready for digital transformation.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer. We know that our people are smart, skilled and motivated and in return we provide a friendly workplace where everyone is valued and has the chance to make an impact.
Apply today to see how working for MASS could work for you