Job title: Principal & Senior Engineer - IT Systems Infrastructure
Location: Frimley - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you'll be doing:
• You'll be responsible for designing, analysing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing network infrastructure and applications components
• You'll configure and setup switches and Firewalls for access to vital business applications
• You'll design, setup and configure complex switching environments
• You'll assist in the design of both physical and virtual environments including HLD's and LLD's
• You'll supervise the administration of systems and servers related to networks to ensure availability of services
Your skills and experiences:
• Degree in engineering, or equivalent experience
• Current network qualifications CCNA, CCNP and/or Arista, or equivalent qualifications (Desirable for Senior Engineer)
• Experience with network switches, servers, routing and switching
• Working knowledge of virtualisation tools and operating systems
• Good understanding of the service and software development lifecycle (including methodologies like Agile), associated reviews, policies, standards & governance processes
• Experience with Arista switches and Fortinet firewalls
• Working knowledge of VMWare ESXI, IPAM & Linux operating systems
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
You will be joining a small team that will be making a big contribution towards overall Combat System Integration. This role is fast paced, technically challenging, but enriching environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 25 th September 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.