Please check your email .
At Leonardo, we are recruiting Project Managers. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
Our Project Manager roles are within the Helicopters division of the company situated in the country town of Yeovil, Somerset. Leonardo Helicopters is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people.
Reporting to the Programme Manager and, as a key role within an Integrated Project team, you understand the importance of building a network and maintaining strong relationships in the overall success of the business and in achieving key milestones and deliverables.
You are adaptable and flexible with how you work. Welcoming and introducing new approaches as you appreciate that what works today may not be what's best for tomorrow.
If you want to join our mission to be the international aerospace, defence and security company that best enables its customers' success by thinking creatively and working with passion we want to hear from you.
What you'll do as a Project Manager:
• The project manager is responsible for leading and managing the project team with responsibility and authority from the Programme Manager or Sponsor on a day to day basis. Delivering the project to schedule, cost and quality.
• Interfacing between the project and functional business areas to achieve the overall Project deliverables.
• Demonstrate good communication and encouragement across functional business areas, for change.
• Effective co-ordination of the project and the inter dependencies into the overall Programme or as an independent small project, including resolution or mitigation of any risks and issues arising during the project. Supported by the Programme Management office.
• Ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with LH policies, and processes.
• Ensuring delivery of contract life cycle relevant to accountable project.
• Managing and production of the required deliverables proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action to achieve quality and schedule within budget.
• Planning, designing `and monitoring the project, preparing any project plans as required.
• Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
• Managing the projects budget on behalf of the company, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses.
• Manage Authorisations in line with level of accountability.
• Manage Profitability in line with level of accountability.
• Identify, capture and manage risks to the project, including the development of contingency plan, in accordance with LH policy and process.
• Liaison with the programme management (if part of a programme) and related projects to ensure alignment and integration.
• Engagement with IPTs, Customers and vendors in line with level of accountability.
• Applying change control and configuration management processes.
• Liaise with project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
• Conduct project reviews and highlighting actions / recommendations to appropriate business area, ensuring good communication links.
• Managing project administration.
• Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the appropriate level of management both internally and to the customer.
• Chair Internal Configuration Change Boards (CCB) and Configuration Implementation Boards (CIB) as required, supported by Configuration Management.
What we need from you:
• Project management approach to the specific requirements of the project, including good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
• Understand and apply business case and risk management processes.
• Ability to make decisions with limited facts.
• Establish good working relationships with the senior responsible owner of the project and where appropriate Customer representatives.
• Build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project.
• Direct, manage and motivate the project team.
• Develop and maintain an agreed project plan and detailed stage plans.
• Tailor expert knowledge to meet specific circumstances including strong knowledge of those key functional disciplines such as Engineering, Operations, CS&T and Procurement.
• Plan and manage deployment of physical and financial resources to meet project milestones.
• Apply quality management principles and processes.
• The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://(url removed)/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera Leonardo Helicopters is a corporate APM partner and committed to professional development with the discipline of Project management - employees can benefit from a discount on their first year of APM personal membership and access to other APM corporate partner resources
Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
GB - Yeovil - Lysander Rd