Please check your email .
2nd Line Network Infrastructure Support Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer with strong Noc, Infrastructure hardware Support, Citrix, VMware, Routers, Switches, Server and storage experience to be responsible for providing infrastructure support to both internal and external customers.
The position is based in St Ives PE27 on a hybrid model with at least 1 / 2 days per week in the office.
* Noc Experience
* General Monitoring tools experience (Logic Monitor or similar)
* Infrastructure hardware support
* Wireless AP support
* Routers, switches, servers & storage
* Firewall Sophos XGS
* VMware – vCenter, vSphere
* Patching – N-able, SolarWinds
* Application patching
* Handle escalations from 1st Line Support according to the company’s escalations process
* Handling the end-to-end process of major incidents including all communication with internal/external customers
* Ensure SLA’s are met and maintained for all customers
* Ensure aged tickets are adhered to company standards
* Be a role model/mentor for all 1st Line Engineers
* Provide essential training for new starters and 1st Line Engineers
* Ensure all manuals and processes are relevant and up to date according to company standards
* To actively contribute towards the creation and the maintenance of knowledge based articles
* Continual learning and development of key skills and competencies for your position
* To aid 1st Line Engineers with phone support to external customers in order to achieve first time fixes
* Assist 1st Line Engineers with incoming phone calls when required by Line Manager
* To provide internal technical support for systems including server, desktop and networking infrastructure
* To liaise with and build strong working relationships with stakeholders
* To record all calls to ensure accurate information about the client’s systems is maintained and available to other support personnel and account managers.
* Escalate issues in line with guidance.
* To comply with all necessary working practices relating to the customer site