Please check your email .
Our IT Service Desk is key in delivering IT Support services to over 450 Pet Care Centres and Vet Practices, alongside 4 Support Office buildings and 2 Distribution Centres around the UK. We are currently growing our IT Service Desk team. You would be working across a varied shift pattern between the hours of 08:00 and 20:10, including working 1 in 4 weekends. Once you have completed your training, you will have the opportunity to work from home for some of your shifts each week (approximately 20%). We’ll help you learn our environment through a comprehensive training program supported by regular coaching.
* Speaking with our colleagues, however they choose to contact us, via telephone, email or through our self-service system, listening to their requirements and providing them with timely updates that mean that they can get on with their day while we take care of their IT needs.
* Recording accurate, detailed information in our Service Management tool that helps form a comprehensive account of the incident or request.
* Using our extensive knowledge database, troubleshooting queries across hardware and software, for both colleagues in one of our offices or remotely working from elsewhere.
* Aiming to resolve queries from our colleagues whenever we can the first time they contact us. We are the ‘front door’ of IT and aim to offer a great experience to our customers, recognising that their perception of IT is shaped by us every day.
* Identifying issues that need further help and escalating appropriately to the relevant support teams, both internally and with external 3rd Parties.
* Working closely with the rest of the 1st and 2nd line Service Desk team to share experiences and learning to improve our performance overall.
* Proven track record of providing high quality customer service in a busy environment. This is essential, as this role will be doing just that.
* Great organisational skills, alongside a love of problem solving. Being curious and tenacious by nature will really help you to succeed in the role.
* Interest in IT and technology and any knowledge of MS Office applications along with previous IT service desk experience.
* Eagerness to learn and develop, alongside a real desire to provide an amazing experience to our colleagues.
* Bring your Pet to work!
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* Pension Scheme
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Shopping discounts and more!
The role is based in our newly refurbished office at Handforth. It is easily accessed from the A34 bypass or a short walk from Handforth Train Station. We offer free parking if travelling by car and there are a range of facilities onsite that make up a comfortable and welcoming working space for our colleagues.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances