Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people's lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
You will join an ambitious and motivated team responsible for creating custom web-based applications to automate network deployment / configuration operations.
What you will learn and contribute to
As a part of our team, you will:
• Design and implement features for our web-based applications to help our customers quickly and reliably build up their network infrastructure.
• Make informed technology choices and implementation decisions
• Continuously improve your personal, and the team's, skill set.
• Work in a semi-agile environment; collaborate with developers, testers, and solution architects.
Your skills and experience
• 6+ years developing java applications.
• Experience and interest in full stack development.
• Familiarity with Java functional programming, the stream API, etc.
• Passionate about digging for root cause when issues arise (in both dev and production environments).
• Ability to learn in a fast paced, challenging environment, resourceful and flexible.
• Interested in acquiring / building domain knowledge.
• Driven to improve both your skills and the projects you touch.
• Proud of your previous efforts and results.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Experience in a professional services environment (changing priorities and requirements)
• General understanding of networking technologies and protocols (e.g. IP/MPLS/Ethernet, routing, VPN/VPRN, network OAM)
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
• One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
• Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
• Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
• LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.