Please check your email .
Scout Recruiting is supporting their client with the recruitment of a Software Developer, This is a great opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking, energetic and enthusiastic team with a passion for learning and making a difference.
The right person will have the chance to learn, grow and try something new in a teamwork-focused and encouraging environment designed to help you be your best self.
This exciting opportunity is for a Software Developer to join our clients development team. The main task will be to develop software in line with the requirements of the business and as determined by the Development Manager and to support existing systems as part of the responsibilities of the development team.
The technologies that the Software Developer will require are mentioned below some of these you may have come across and used them to a varying degree. You do not need to be a complete expert on these.
• .NET C#
• Communicating over Restful API’s
• AWS Technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, S3
• Databases including MySQL / SQL Server
• CI / CD The rest of our estate is written in Perl.
• Support the Software Development department in the daily maintenance of existing software services, solutions and applications
• Undertake software development duties as determined by your line manager, keeping him appraised of progress or issues (within fortnightly Agile sprints)
• Be responsible in the future for the development of key projects or designated areas of a particular project, ensuring your work is of a sufficiently high standard to fulfil requirements and contribute effectively to the project’s success
● Excellent programming skills
● Comfortable with command-line Linux and basic source control experience (ideally git)
● Ability to structure code so that it is unit testable
● Basic understanding of SQL (DDL, Basic Querying) and HTTP API’s
This is a hybrid role but my client offices are based just outside of Peterborough so candidates mut be within an easy commutable distance