At the heart of QIAGEN's business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe. Our most valuable asset are our employees - more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us. There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started. If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people's lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
A Data Scientist position is available immediately. As a member of the Product Support Group, you will work cross-functionality to derive actionable insight from variety of data sources related to the NeuMoDx Molecular System.
Key responsibilities include supporting the management of data collected, leading data analysis activities, and participating in the development of data-driven tools aimed to help provide automated means of data analysis for routine activities.
The ideal candidate will have a strong data management and analytics background and a functional understanding of Molecular Biology. We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with a knack for problem solving in both team and independent settings to ensure the completion of time-sensitive tasks.
- Support data management for data collected as part of experimental testing and routine business processes.
- Collaborate with internal and external project teams through analysis of data, giving feedback on system performance and contributing to efficiency and efficacy improvements. Develop and maintain machine learning models used to provide automated characterization of raw data collected from the NeuMoDx instrument and related sources.
- Responsible for driving communications between NeuMoDx groups and the Data Scientist team.
- Manage the automated results processor used by NeuMoDx to provide guidance on parameter optimization for new / existing assays as well as evaluating the integration of new algorithms to the results processor workflow.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement data analytics tools to support molecular biologist, engineers, and assay developers to interpret results
- Maintain accurate data analysis records and reports. Clearly summarize and present information to senior management and other personnel both internally and externally as required.
- Comprehend processes associated with the NeuMoDx system and enhance internal procedures.
- Comply with document control procedures and maintain the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Comply with biohazard safety standards through proper handling of potentially infectious biological agents and other hazardous chemical materials.
- B.S or M.S. in Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Molecular Biology, Physics or related field with at least 2 years of relevant work experience, ideally in the molecular diagnostic industry.
- Proficiency in Python or R with a demonstrated experience in data analysis, visualization, and computing libraries (i.e., Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, NumPy).
- Demonstrated experience in the development, deployment, and management of machine learning models.
- Experience working with relational databases and APIs (Application Programing Interface) as means of data storage / access.
- Knowledge or experience in any of these areas will be an asset: Molecular biology and real-time multiplex PCR, Systems Engineering, development, integration and troubleshooting of IVD instrumentation and/or microfluidics devices.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities. Candidate should be comfortable presenting results from data analysis activities and interfacing with stakeholders during the development of analytical tools.
- Basic statistics knowledge to provide guidance on effective study design and interpretation of results.
- Basic understanding of Git source control, CI/CD pipelines, and ability to create Python Packages highly desired.
- Experience working with most relevant infrastructure technologies (i.e., Docker, Azure, AWS, Kubernetes) preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced multidisciplinary setting.
- Knowledge of GLP, ISO (i.e: ISO 13485, ISO 62304), and QSR requirements for IVD products.
- Hybrid Position. (minimum 60% On-site, maximum 40% Home Office).
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and tight timelines.
- Team player with enthusiasm, leadership skills, pragmatism, and resilience.
- Concern for regulation and quality.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in Spanish language.
- Professional level of the English language, written and verbal.
- Possess inquisitiveness mindset in comprehending processes associated with the system.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com . This policy is part of QIAGEN's ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.