Please check your email .
Role Title: Lead Systems Engineers
Location: Frimley 2/3 days per week
Duration: 6 Months
MUST BE PAYE THROUGH UMBRELLA
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation? Our client is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
The Lead Systems Engineer will be a key member of Core Common Infrastructure - Integration and Design Services team who will apply their subject matter expertise and domain experience to support the Engineering Manager and Product Owner in delivering IT systems and products to the Submarine build and through-life support programmes.
The Lead Systems Engineer will understand requirements of the systems, author various system configuration documents, responsible for release management ensuring all the release products are baselined and aligned with release scope and responsible for stakeholders' engagement.
Specific Skills and Experience
The Lead Systems Engineer will be required to have the following skills and experience;
* Knowledge of SDDC and Virtual platforms - essential
* Experience in reading, interpreting and generating systems design & configuration technical information - essential
* Experience in managing product release activities and documentations - essential
* Understanding of IT System in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain - preferred
* Experience in requirements management in DOORS - preferred
* Knowledge and experience of Agile principles using scrum framework - preferred.
Deliverables and Outputs
The Lead Systems Engineer will produce the following deliverables and outputs;
* Understand requirements for various IT Systems, generate design and configuration documentation.
* Coordinate and contribute to IT Systems integration and release activities, with a focus of achieving integrated system design certification and acceptance by the required level of authority in accordance with release goals.
* Liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient engagement in support of system realisation.
* Collation and production of documentation to support system design reviews and high level system testing.
* Develop and maintain Verification Cross Reference Index (VCRI), Configuration guides, Integration Test Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP) and Qualification Plans.
* Contribution to other project documentation such as Technical publications, operating instructions etc. in accordance with company processes