Please check your email .
We have a small team but we have managed to deliver massive infrastructure projects to our public and private sector clients through our state-of-the-art tier 3 data centre facilities. We are now looking to expand our team further as we move in to 2023. These projects have been delivered by staff in our technical and project management teams who started out as administrators on the service desk. We believe that investing in our staff and encouraging growth into new positions through training and exposure to the wider company sets us apart from other companies in the IT space, where service desks are generally limited to housekeeping and ticket triage. We want our staff to push themselves to have a deep understanding of our platforms and services as well as build close working relationships with the customers we deliver them to.
We are looking for someone to join our support team to provide first and second line support to both internal and external customers. The ideal applicant should be a technically sound individual with the ability to work in high pressure situations teamed with a demonstrable knowledge of the core concepts of a multi-service provider (IaaS, Backups, Storage, Disaster recovery, Networking).
We’re looking for a candidate who can take ownership of incidents and tasks assigned to their department, while also following up and tracking any incidents triaged through their escalation point. Training and support will be provided through internal training plans and certifications. Candidates are also be expected to take ownership of their on-going personal development which will lead to a fast-tracked career within the company.
Soft skills are equally as important in this role as you will be the first point of contact for any incidents, alerts, and customer communications so a passion for providing excellent customer service is imperative. You will be responsible for administering and maintaining the company platforms and services for our customers and internal users, so a keen eye for detail is required to spot irregularities and problems, taking the appropriate measures to ensure these are raised and brought to resolution.
* Co-ordination and Ownership of support tickets
* Liaising with 3rd party vendors and taking part in troubleshooting conference calls to perform root cause analysis on critical system issues
* Provision of first and second-line technical support to internal and external customers, maintaining service levels
* Performing daily health checks of cores service platforms
* Performing regular maintenance and patching of core service platforms
* Creating and maintaining technical knowledgebase documentation
Required Skills & Qualifications
* Full UK Drivers license
* Troubleshooting skills (Windows/Linux OS, Storage, Backups, Networking)
* Effective Communication
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* Effective Team Player
* Attention to Detail
Desired Skills & Product Experience
* Ticket Management to an ITIL Standard – Service-Now
* IaaS – VMware
* Storage – SAN, S3, Cloud
* BaaS – VM, File Database, Network Configuration
* DRaaS – Zerto, SRM
* Networking – Cisco/Fortinet
* Office 365
33 days annual leave, 4 x Death in Service Benefit, Contributory Pension Scheme (5% Employer, 5% Employee)