Please check your email .
Network & Infrastructure Engineer (294dm) – Birmingham - £350-£650 Per day DOE
Are you looking for a new challenge, or want to feel that you're making a difference?
Our client is looking for a Network and Infrastructure Engineer to work within the UKs National Security
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Candidate must have the following Security Clearance - DV
This role will provide Network and Infrastructure technical support for the National Customer Services Centre (CSC). The individual will support services in the CSC portfolio, including operational and project tasks as required.
This role will be part of a team of engineers covering 7am to 7pm weekdays from the CSC technical ops centre and on call 24\7\365 for critical support of the national infrastructure.
This role is vital to ensure the national infrastructure is available, secure and supported to best practice standards to enable CTP operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience in a technically diverse environment preferably as part of a shift rota
• Experience of working with service desk call management systems
• Experience of working within an ITIL service environment working to defined metrics and SLAs
• Experience of Cisco technologies including Routing, Switching, VoIP and Video Conferencing
• Experience of Juniper and Cisco security and firewall devices
• Experience of load balancer technology
• Experience of Cisco switching and routing hardware
• Experience of network security best practice
• Experience of ITIL change management
• Experience of failover testing, resilience and redundancy methodology
• Experience of Network and Infrastructure monitoring and automation tools
• CCNA qualification preferred
• Ability to prioritise, execute tasks and achieve results in a busy Service Operation environment
• UK Driving License
Communication and Working Relationships
• Daily: Communicate with the CSC Service desk, other engineers and line management for ticket management and escalation, phone, email, face to face.
• Daily: Customers for support calls, email, phone, face to face, video, onsite.
• Weekly: Line management to provide incident and project updates, email, face to face
• Daily: Escalate issues to third parties offering third line support, email, phone
• Weekly: Project Teams for collaboration through implementation and transition, phone, email, face to face, video
• Daily: Cross Team collaboration within CTPHQ for support and training, phone, email, face to face
• Occasionally: Attend or Substitute for senior members of the team in meetings with other teams, stakeholders, partners or third parties as a technical representative, phone, video, face to face
Key Result Areas
• This role requires a flexible working approach to meet operational needs and will be required to work as part of a shift system (Mon-Fri 7am-7pm + on call rota 24/7/365).
• Some out of hours and weekend working may be occasionally required.
• The role is office based with occasional work from home
• The role holder may be required to travel to sites around the UK to maintain the infrastructure. Occasionally this may be at short notice, as appropriate, to resolve critical issues.
• Ensure personal workload is managed and prioritised effectively.
• Ensure Adherence to polices, standards, controls and best practice
• Ensure SLAs for services in the CSC Service portfolio are met
• Provide technical support for National infrastructure relating to BAU and Projects to ensure objectives are being met in line with CTP priorities
• Provide resilience and failover testing to ensure all CSC managed Infrastructure is tested on a regular basis to ensure failover functions as designed
• Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure all services are maintained and knowledge is shared
• Proactively maintain and update the infrastructure to ensure security and reliability
• Proactively monitor environments to help prevent issues arising
• Proactively monitor availability and capacity and resolve or escalate any issues as appropriate
• Proactively engage in following and implementing best practice in line with the latest supported guidance.
• Ensure change and release management processes and procedures are adhered to mitigate against unplanned downtime and service outages
• Ensure internal and external standards are followed to ensure services are implemented in a supportable and scalable way
• Ensure security procedures are followed to comply with the relevant accreditation, procedures and/or guidance.
Scope for Impact
The job holder will responsible for managing their own time relating to Incidents, Service Requests and Problem management within defined priorities and SLAs.
Day to day the individual may need to use their judgement to highlight and risks relating to the technical infrastructure that may have a negative effect on services or operational staff.
Whilst on call the individual may need to make decisions, based on supporting the technical infrastructure, that may impact live operations and they may need explain any impact or service outage to the relevant stakeholder whilst both parties are under pressure.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV, outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you to Daniel Martin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd