Please check your email .
Software Engineer, Cyprus
This is an exciting opportunity to join an international group of financial services, research, and consultancy companies regulated in the US and Cyprus. We are seeking a software engineer to work on our Business Information Systems. This involves understanding the group’s infrastructure and operations, developing new components, as well as maintaining existing software. The position requires interaction with our teams of developers and other senior professionals in all business functions.
The ideal candidate will have good all round computing skills and passion for software development and technology, with experience in at least one object-oriented strongly typed programming language (C#/C++/Java/other), exposure to relational databases, drive to deliver, learn and succeed. They will be able to understand, anticipate and respond to the company’s needs, work well within a team, and take ownership of projects. A strong desire to grow professionally, and to implement creative and robust solutions to problems will be key to succeeding in this role.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
· To further develop & support the group’s software infrastructure.
· To understand the interaction of complex processes and systems and to help to ensure reliability, consistency, process quality and control.
· To be involved in system development with a flexible approach to working on different projects simultaneously. You will have:
· Degree in science/computing/numerate/engineering field.
· Strong understanding of software development and object-oriented design principles.
· A passion for technology and a self-checking critical approach to work coupled with the ability to understand business objectives.
· Keen interest in technology innovation and be eager to learn and evolve.
· Experience with SQL databases and their development. · Experience in the use of both Windows and Unix / Linux operating systems, command line tools, scripting tools and basic system administration.
Our client offers a stimulating environment with exciting personal growth and long-term career opportunities, as well as a competitive salary