Please check your email .
Software Support Engineer - Aylesbury (on-site, must live within 45 mins commute)
£35K - £40K basic + £450 per week shift on-call allowance + generous benefits package
Software Support Engineer required for our client who develops and delivers a full-service cloud Contact Centre software stack that is delivered either through partners who host in public cloud or their own Cloud service, and directly to large customers on their cloud infrastructure.
Essential Skills/ Experience
* 2nd / 3rd line fix experience with software systems including log analysis; troubleshooting; identifying and classifying issues
* Good knowledge of software troubleshooting tools and techniques
* The ability to solve problems and think laterally
* A working knowledge of SQL databases
* Software installation and deployment experience
* Willing to take initiative to learn about new products
* A strong customer focus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A demonstrable record of achievement in previous position(s)
* Familiarisation with deploying and supporting applications on AWS and Azure.
Desirable Skills/ Experience
* Understanding of Contact Centre operations
* Understanding of SIP-based telephony and WebRTC
* Understanding of network protocols
* Understanding of NoSQL databases
* Experience of working with carriers on IP provisioning.
Software Support Engineer - This role involves support and troubleshooting platform and environment issues. This is typically L2 or L3 support activity as per ITIL. This is an opportunity to grow your skills in communications software and best practice in an environment with a diverse customer base. You will be working with internal production engineering software teams to ensure they deliver rapid response to customers and keep mission-critical systems running.
Support currently runs a 2-shift operation; Day is 9am to 5.30pm and Evening is 3pm to midnight, with evening shift also providing on-call cover at weekends. A willingness to work evening shifts on a rota basis is required upon completion of probation.
The evening shift/on-call allowance is £450 for each week on rota.
A phone and laptop will be provided for on-call work.
Software Support Engineer - Aylesbury (on-site)