Please check your email .
The E-commerce Functional Analyst is critical to the team who develop and maintain our multi-million pound Wiltshire Farm Foods web site. We have over 50,000 users a month, last year over 500,000 orders were placed online and we are aiming to grow this significantly in the next year.
As E-Commerce Functional Analyst, you’ll need a mix of analytical, technical and commercial skills to bring this role to life.
You will use your analytical skills to ensure we are commercially astute and to maximise opportunities for sales & profit.
Technical skills will be key to bringing both planned and reactive decisions and promotions to life on our web site.
Building partnerships across the business will be a big part of this role, both delivering on mutual projects and lending your expertise on best practice and innovative ways to utilise the web platform and our product mix. You’ll need to be able to communicate with people who have different technical skills and empathise with our customer base to ensure the web site is inclusive and accessible.
This role will be varied and include planned and unplanned elements so organisation and time management skills will be really important to enable you to meet deadlines and ensure we hit critical milestones.
To build on apetito’s success and status as an innovation leader we are in an exciting period of digital transformation. We welcome applicants who want to be part of that long-term vision, shaping our strategy and making a tenable difference to our business success.
This role is based in our Trowbridge Head office and you'll need to be in the office at least 3 days per week.
Remote working is available for up to 2 days (dependant on operational commitments).
About our team
You will work within the I.T. team delivering innovative e-commerce based solutions and advances.
Our goal is to deliver fast paced and appropriate change, which means there is a constant stream of varied and challenging projects ahead of us.
We embrace new technology and processes, adhering to our Cloud First strategy.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing hospitals, care homes and thousands more through our Wiltshire Farm Foods brand, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
* Establish effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of business processes and support the delivery of business value.
* Provide support and assistance with our Magento Solution.
* Work with Magento Consultants and internal stakeholders to help deliver change and value to the business
* Troubleshoot and make configuration changes
* Facilitate workshops and discussions to effectively gather requirements and achieve a joint understanding of needs
* Support and work with the wider IT team to develop realistic solutions to business requirements, considering budgets, timescales, costs and quality.
* Define and own business requirements and business modelling.
* Understand and challenge current business processes, where appropriate.
* Advise and promote on e-commerce best practice.
* Working knowledge and understanding of E-commerce
* Commercial acumen- proven record of delivering savings/profit through e-commerce solutions.
* Experience using Magento or a similar e-commerce platform
* Analytical skill
* Problem-solving skills
* Experience building effective working relationships with stakeholders and customers.
* Strives for excellence and promotes best practice.
* Time management and planning skills.
* Experience of working in Agile methodology, preferably SCRUM
* Broad understanding of business processes
* Experience in retail and/or FMCG