Please check your email .
Job Title: Junior Java Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30k - £40k
Location: Burnley, Lancashire
A fantastic opportunity for Junior software engineers, with a passion for Java or early Junior Engineers, looking for an environment from offer support, collaboration and exciting projects to work with modern Java technologies.
This role is joining a new team building cutting edge platforms for the business.
As a Junior Java Developer here, you will be exposed, from the start to commercial production and delivery of software development to live platforms. You will have access to pick the brains of the senior developers, mentoring you, day to day and working alongside you on current new product development and releases.
You will be joining a close-knit team of whom pride themselves and their culture collaboration and working to progress and support the business.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Junior Java Developer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining high-quality software applications using Java. Your duties will include:
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine software requirements and specifications.
* Designing, coding, testing, and debugging software applications.
* Creating technical specifications and documentation.
* Investigating and resolving technical issues.
* Ensuring software development best practices are followed.
* A solid understanding of Java programming
* Good knowledge of programming principles and web development
* Experience of relational databases
* Ability to undertake research and self-study in a disciplined manner
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure
* Desire to learn new technologies and ways of working
* Strong communication skills and educated to degree level
Hours of Work – Office Based
Mon to Thurs 08.00 a.m. to 5.15 p.m. (30 minutes lunch break)
Friday 08.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. (no lunch break).
If you have a desire to work in an ambitious company and are able to deliver operational excellence then this role is made for you