Please check your email .
3rd Line Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000 Plus Bonus
Our client is a managed service provider who manages IT infrastructure and end user systems across various vertical markets including Hospitality and Commercial.
Services include network and infrastructure management security, telecoms and much more. Due to continued success, they are looking to recruit a 3rd Line Engineer to join their service desk team.
This role is for an experienced engineer with an expert knowledge and practical experience of our services, who will support our clients and partners as well as working with the operations manager to develop best practice, documentation, process and the wider technical capability in the team.
With extensive experience in a client facing role, excellent customer skills are a must – you'll work proactively to delight their clients. This role is based in operations, but the 3rd line engineer will work with other teams to facilitate swift resolution of issues, timely delivery of projects and collaborating for continuous improvement of processes and documentation. This is a fast-paced role in a busy work environment.
Primarily office based, but some UK travel may be required to client sites
The company bonus is structured towards personal performance and quality of work.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
* Responding to support escalations providing 3rd line remediation
* Technical delivery of projects ensuring they are on time and to a high standard.
* Provide expert technical assistance and customer focussed support.
* Liaise with our partners and suppliers dealing with any technical issues
* Mentoring and supporting other members of the technical team to build our technical capability.
* Ensure tickets are kept up to date, processes followed and SLA’s adhered to
* Proactively work to identify opportunities for us to delight our clients
* Developing documentation and process to support technical operations
* Any other duties deemed necessary for the successful running of service/project delivery
Skills & Experience
* Expert knowledge and experience working with (but not limited to):
o Microsoft Operating Systems – desktop and server
o Office 365, SharePoint, Azure Ad, Active Directory, Exchange, Hyper V, Endpoint Security, VOIP, Teams, backup / disaster recovery, mobile
o Networking – switching, routing, wireless, VPN, external connectivity.
* A passion for technology – current, new and future and an interest in how it can be used to benefit the business and our clients
* Experience working in a ITIL driven environment.
* Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, confident communicating with stakeholders.
* Expert problem solver
* Self motivated – take accountability and see things through, manage workload, prioritise in a busy environment
* Able to work confidently under pressure independently and as part of a team
* Exceptional customer service
* Full clean driving license
• Certification – Microsoft, Fortinet, Cisco, CompTIA, ITIL or related technical qualifications Knowledge / Experience – Fortinet, Meraki, Cisco, Unifi, Azure, SD-WAN, ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials, Sophos, Vipre, Zabbix, Connectwise, SQL, inTune, Linux / Ubuntu, EPOS systems