Please check your email .
My client based within the Rail/Rolling Stock Industry is recruiting for an IT Technical Support Technician (1st & 2nd line support) to operate out of their offices based in Nottingham (Eastwood).
This candidate will be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision providing IT support.
Responsible for maintenance of site servers, site network equipment, site telephony, desktop hardware and peripherals.
Responsible for installation and support of desktop hardware and desktop software.
Responsible for responding to user calls and requests for assistance.
Job Title: IT Technical Support Technician
Salary £27500 - £32500 k per annum depending on experience
Location: Nottingham (Eastwood)
Hours: 0800am until 16.15pm Mon - Thurs and 14.00pm finish on a Friday
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Will include the following, but other duties may be assigned:
* Self-motivated to complete assignments on time, yet able to determine when to ask questions for clarification or further direction.
* Provide first point of contact for all support issues for end-user technical support maximizing the end user's experience.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with all levels of users.
* Ensures an outstanding level of customer service by providing direct IT support to individuals throughout the organization.
* Prioritize service issues based on multiple competing priorities and objectives.
* Setup, install and maintain desktop and laptop hardware/software and peripherals and network printers
* Setup and maintain site network file structures, access rights, network security, network users, network printing and desktop user environments.
* Setup and maintain site network servers by applying patches, logging changes and monitoring error logs.
* Troubleshoot and repair problems with the site network, server, and telephony infrastructure and systems.
* Troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered in the use of site systems and desktop applications.
* Assist with maintaining computer room, site network cabling and department documentation.
* Non-business hour time may be required to repair and troubleshoot problems to provide efficient, quality service.
* Maintain site specific desktop application setup, standards and streamline processes to eliminate future problems.
* Prepare cost requests and procure equipment to meet business needs.
* Maintain site hardware/software inventories and assist with the audit of site hardware and software.
* Monitor site-based server hardware uptime, virus protection and site-based software updates.
* Assist with system backups and disaster recovery plans.
* Escalate issues and concerns to the Global Infrastructure Manager, as appropriate.
* Ensure all technical support related activities comply with the global Harsco compliance standards and procedures.
* Document all support calls for systems performance and metrics reporting.
* Dependability, regular attendance, and the ability to work extended hours are required.
* Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
* Perform other reasonably-related tasks as assigned by management
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions at work.
* Contribute to the delivery of company occupational health and welfare, safety and environmental improvement plans.
* Only undertake work for which you have been trained and (if required) certified competent.
* To comply with Risk Assessments, method statements and safe systems of work.
* Maintain and utilise all PPE provided by the employer.
* Cooperate with your employer on health, safety and environment.
* Make safe any unsafe conditions where practical and challenge unsafe work practices.
* Inform your line manager, supervisor or health and safety representative of any unsafe occurrences
* Report all, and assist with investigating relevant accidents, incidents and near misses
* Additional responsibilities as identified for Managers in PRO/S/G/015
* Associate Degree required (or technical certifications) or a minimum two years of related experience.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft operating systems and environments required.
* 5 plus years of professional experience in two or more IT areas, 1 plus years of professional experience as senior 1st line support\Junior 2nd line support.
* Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, systems, software, hardware, telecommunications and procedures within IT.
* Experience with Office 365, MDM, AD, Veritas Backup Exec, Windows client (Windows 10\11), server environment (2012/2016/2019) and Azure
* Understand basic network concepts and routing
* Exposure to and knowledge of SCCM
* Monitor and test existing backup and recovery & security systems
* Proficient in the implementation/maintenance of network/file servers and desktop support.
* Knowledge to upgrade and assess/troubleshoot server and desktop operating systems and desktop application issues.
* Resourceful and innovative in the repair and troubleshooting of systems.
* Demonstrable leadership skills.
* Must display a helpful demeanor, attention to detail, customer service orientation, and demonstrate the ability to be a contributing team member in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
* Oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with end-users and management to communicate in clear, understandable and concise terms.
* Good ability to work as part of a team.
For more information about this role and how to apply please email your CV to (url removed) or alternatively call Ronnie Burton at Shorterm Group on (phone number removed)