Please check your email .
hackajob is a matching platform partnering with N Brown Group, helping them hire the best talent and build the future. To get the chance to get matched to this role and other similar roles, click on Get Matched to set up your free profile.
N Brown is a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. They're customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. They're experienced, with over 160 years of trading under their belt. They're inclusive, as they believe in fashion without boundaries; and they're sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Does the idea of joining a 'start up' division within a business excite you?
Well, look no further…!
They're looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Node Software Engineer with a proven track record of commercial delivery of technology value to join a new ‘start-up’ division within N Brown.
As a member of the Castle project team, you’ll be at the heart of a unique and exciting venture to assemble a new financial services platform as part of a greenfield project. With a background in technology disruption or financial services (preferably retail credit), you’ll leverage your industry knowledge to drive the key sourcing and commercials for the platform. Operating like an independent start-up, within an established organisation, you’ll be completely at home with agile frameworks and will fully embrace iterative and flexible commercial approaches.
What will you do as a Senior Node Software Engineer at N Brown?
* Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
* Contributes to the selection of the software development methods, tools and techniques.
* Applies agreed standards and tools to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
* Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
* Designs complex software applications, components and modules.
* Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others’ designs.
* Uses approved tools and techniques for specific deployment activities.
* Follows agreed procedures to identify and resolve issues with applications.
* Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
What skills and experience will you have?
* Node serverless microservices –AWS Lambdas or alternatively containers managed through ECS or alike
* AWS serverless development and deployment frameworks – Serverless framework, AWS SAM, AWS CDK, etc
* Unit testing framework, e.g., Jest
* Consumption of RESTful services, incl. JSON.
* Continuous integration - Source control: Git, build (Azure DevOps/Gitlab/Other), test, audit (SonarQube), deploy
* Agile development methodologies
What’s in it for you?
* Hybrid scheme - flexible, with a general 2 days per month scheme
* 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
* Annual bonus scheme
* Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
* Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
* Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
* Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to their wellbeing champions and counselling services
* A range of financial wellbeing support
* Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
* Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
* Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
* Paid volunteer time – all their colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
They're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status